
On the afternoon of Friday, November 5th, we have received "The Phone Call" that we have been waiting for. We are having a boy! He was born on June 2, 2010 in Bogota, Colombia, South America, with a weight of 6 pounds 10 ounces and length of 19 inches. He is beautiful! We are now in the process of filing the appropriate paperwork needed at this stage in the process. After the paperwork is completed we will be heading to Bogota to pick up our son. We are hoping this all occurs with the next two weeks. We are expecting to be in Bogota for at least two weeks. If everything goes right we will have him home in time for Christmas. Please continue praying as there are many steps left in the process. We cannot stop staring at the photo we have received. He is at current weight of 13 pounds and 2 ounces and length of 23.6 inches. We are so blessed to have received this wonderful gift. We will keep everyone posted on the process as things develop. Please keep checking back for the latest news.
Please post comments below. We love hearing from you all! Click comment as "Anonymous" to add your post.



Praise God! Rachael and I love the thought of families growing and nurturing each other. This is truly wonderful for all three of you, now I have not had the privilege to meet you Alissa but if you the writer of the words above you are going to be an awesome loving Mother for this little dude... And Matt, Good luck jk... I remember how you would teach you students. I know you will apply that same compassion towards raising your little man.
ReplyDeleteJ.M.
Congratulations Matt and Alissa! The tears are flowing...This is the best news we've heard in a long time!
ReplyDeleteHe couldn't be more PERFECT! The three of you are so blessed to have one another; you two with a viable, healthy, thriving little boy and for baby boy to have such sweet, loving and amazing parents!
I knew this would happen when the time is right and I am so very thankful that time is now!
You two are such wonderful people--I honestly can't think of anyone as deserving of this than you. We love you very much!!!
Love, Angie & Brian
Congratulations Alissa and Matt, I am so happy for you both, he is one lucky boy to have you two as parents! We miss you at Goddard!
ReplyDeleteCarmel
We will definitely be praying that these next few weeks go smoothly. Can't wait for Mason to have a new buddy to play with. However, Mason may squish him, he weighs 22lbs already at 6mos. :)
ReplyDeleteKeep us posted!
Laura and Mauricio
Alissa and Matt:
ReplyDeleteCongratulations and best wishes. You certainly appear to be the happy couple from the picture.
Glad to hear you are both doing well and enjoying life together.
Bob Gabrys
I am overjoyed for this wonderful news! You must be thrilled and excited and nervous all at the same time. I wish you all best with the rest of the process, he is truly ADORABLE! Congratulations on your newest addition to the Keil family!
ReplyDeleteoh, I am so very excited to see this! I remember how excited your parents were to go get you, Alissa, and that is when I truly learned where Columbia is :)
ReplyDeleteHe is beautiful, simply beautiful.
The kids and I will definitely be praying for all three of you.
Congratulations, Alissa! What a joy to hear from you after such a long time and to hear of such good news. I am very excited for you and will be anxious to follow your journey on your blog. My thoughts and prayers are with you in these coming weeks leading up to cradling your new life in your arms.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Bill Lindquist
Congratulations!!! I know how excited you are. I am sure your parents are thrilled as well. Let us know when you are going to be up here in the Northland… We would love to see you and catch up…
ReplyDeleteAnna and Tim
Happy, happy, happy! We can't wait to welcome him home! May your travels be uneventful and that first look into your babies' eyes be a forever memory! Oh, and I do have one bit of advice: Get on the floor and play - the giggles will melt your heart!
ReplyDeleteSusan
Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments! We are so blessed to be surrounded by the love of so many friends and family. Keep the prayers and thoughts comimg. We still have many more challenges to overcome before our baby is home.
ReplyDeleteLove, Matt and Alissa
Alissa and Matt!!
ReplyDeleteGreetings from your hometown Wirth family!!
It's Tamy Wirth-Jones...Jenny's sister!
I am so excited to hear this news. Mom and Dad copied me on the blog and so gld they did. What an amazing gift you are receiving. I am sure your family is so excited. You are a an amazing woman and he couldn't ask for a better Mother to raise him. Matt....I don't know you, but if you married Alissa...you are good with me!! My prayers are out to you as you make this journey into parenthood and bring this cute little boy home!! Congratulations Mom and Dad!!
Tamy
Tamara.L.Jones@hilton.com
I am so excited for you guys and will be praying for all of you. Let us know when you get back to the states and we will bring you some dinner!
ReplyDeleteLarissa