Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Total Pageviews

Friday, May 20, 2011

What is family?

Family memories exert a powerful existence over our lives.   

What is a family?  Through my family I have learned, that family is the birth place of creativity, a place for shelter during the storms, an educational center for learning, and a priceless museum full of countless galleries of memories.   

Family is where we put down our first roots.  My parents gave me the guidance and love (nutrients) I needed to make good choices and supported me when I made mistakes.  

Family is where we learn how to make decisions and stand by our convictions.  Life gets tough so they were there to love me, even when I didn't deserve it.  They taught me how to stand.
 
Family is where we learn right and wrong.  Family is where we learn how to share, relate, and treat other people with love.  Think Golden Rule.

Family forms a most lasting impression by building our character.   They help us keep our thoughts, values, words and actions on track.  They are our first examples of how.

Family greatly determines how we view life.   

Family makes us, shapes us, and forms us into the person we are today - the person we are when no one is watching.   

Family is all of this and so much more.  

Now Matt and I are able to help Benjamin learn how to be the most trustworthy, responsible, respectful, fair and caring citizen.  He will watch us!  Yikes.   He will watch how we respond and we react in all situations.  He is already copying my funny faces.  He screams when I scream and laughs when I laugh.  What a marvelous blessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment