I feel like I have asked that question a million times in the past 7 weeks. Oh, wait a minute...I have asked that question a million times.
Today we took one heck of an adventure!
First I left to go to get the birth certificate. The traffic is always a force to be reckoned with here. Here in Bogota, they use your last few digits of your license plate to determine which days you will be allowed to drive. This helps to cut down on the traffic. America should do this! Anyways, I traveled downtown to Bogota with Maria Teresa. We talked about everything from education to foster care! It was a great time! We made it to Notary #1. She was able to give us Benjamin's new birth certificate with Matt and I listed as his parents. I was so excited when I had those copies in my hands!
We drove back to the hotel to pick up Matt and Benjamin so we could get passport pictures and then the Colombian passport. We picked up Amy and Gabriel and then went to the get our Colombian passports. We got to the passport office and took photos. Benjamin is so cute in his photo! We went to get the passport and sure enough...we had a mistake on the birth certificate! I know - we were sad. They had forgotten to add my maiden name. So we traveled back to the Notary #1 and had her fix the mistake - she did add my name with a smile. We went non-stop today from 9:30AM-7:30PM. Oh, well. We have learned to take things in stride while here in Colombia.
So what is next?
1) We have to go to get the passport Tuesday morning at 7:45 AM.
2) Go to the US Embassy approved doctor for Little Colombian Cookie's check up.
3) Apply for visa from the US Embassy.
4) Pick up the visa the next day from the US Embassy :) Yes, please!
5) Take our flight home Friday morning (before-the-rooster-crows-early folks).
6) Break down in tears the moment I step in the door of our home in Friendswood, TX. AMEN!
In my mind it is much better to know we are headed home in a few days. Nothing beats home. I can't wait to put Benjamin in his highchair and in his crib in his room.
Family and friends, thank you for the love, prayers and support. Please pray the last few remaining steps go as planned.
Monday, February 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Our thoughts and prayers are with you all! Can't wait to here you giving up a big old Texas !!!whoop!!! when you get home! Love to you all! Sue, Rick, and the girls.
ReplyDeletePrayers everything goes as planned for the next few days. It was a long wait today to hear if all went well. Relieved and happy. Bemjamin looked adorable in his picture outfit. All American. Love Nana and PopPop
ReplyDeleteI have been dying to know what was going on. I could not find your last email because of your address. Coming home!! YEA!!! I will be in Colorado but please let me know when you are home all snuggly in your bed and crib!!! I bet Uri is going to be so excited too. Love you guys! Veronica
ReplyDelete